I’ve rewatched this scene, the epic fight from tonight’s RHONJ finale, about 6 times. I’m still unsure what I witnessed. What I do know:
- Joe Gorga lost his temper on Penny’s husband, Johnny (who looks like Omid Djalili), for tweeting about Melissa.
- A shaken Caroline calls out Kim D. (finally, someone does).
- Kim D and hair just don’t go well.
- Lauren and Chris calm their mom; she and Kathy leave.
- Teresa looks like she’s fearing for her life.
- Penny has an “I’m-so-sorry” face, (I feel bad for her)
- Jacqueline is out for blood.
- A bunch of people were standing around, looking confused, no “fight” was shown.
- Clothes were on the floor where Poshe fashion belongs.
The editing is choppy with a few black screenshots. The cast looks shaken/scared/confused, and I am too. I don’t quite get what happen nor why the full incident was not shown. That said, people like Kim D and Penny need to not be allowed on the show. They’re nobodies trying to gain fame by dishing on the lives of the other women, claiming they know about them.
This is shown after the brawl. Teresa admitted to her brother that she should not have surrounded herself with the likes of Kim D, because they were bad mouthing Melissa. She even confessed the satisfaction she had over hearing these rumors. It took her two seasons to say that! Can it be growth?! Caroline got closure, a nice send-off to her own series. Jacqueline is friendly with Teresa once more, and focused on her son Nick’s recovery. And Kathy is working on her dream home. Good for her.
The episode ends with a reminder that Teresa and Juicy were indicted on 39 charges of fraud; followed by a useless special with Andy. Are we really expected to believe that they were indicted because they’re “famous?” (Get real, Juicy!) No, they’re being charged because they broke the law—39 times. They’re getting attention because they’re on television, it’s only natural. I say just send them to jail, and be done with them. They couldn’t answer the simplicities of their case.
Next week: the first part of the reunion and Caroline is giving us major cleavage.